After installation see fold 'xampp' in drive 'c' and open it, further open sub folder 'htdoc' and create a fold 'trapaccounting' in it.
Note: If you have already installed the application, you can update. Otherwise you need to install application first.
Hover on the link 'Inventory' on main menu. and click on 'Add Product' from sub-menu. Th window 'Add Product' would be opened.
Now fill the fields available therein.
1. Product Type: Select type of product from the list.
i) Stock ii) Assembly iii) Service
Stock item which is purchased and same one is sold.
While assembly product is manufactured/assembled at your company with stock products purchased from different vendors. Once the assembly product hase been manufactured/assembled, it is sold to customer.
Service product is not physical goods and these have no inventory in stock. These are only sold.
2. Product Category: Select a category from a list if you have created category(s) otherwise ignore and leave it to be filled. Learn here to add category
3. Product Code: Product code is a unique code/id for each one of products and it is used for identification and barcode.
4. Product Title: Product title is specific name of any product which is recognized by staff members, clients and vendors of that product.
5. Product Description: It describes details about the product to be added.
6. Product Purchase Price: It describes purchase price of the product and is used as price in purchase invoice and as CGS (Cost of Goods Sold) in sales invoice.
8. Product Sales Price: It describes sales price of the product and is used as price in sales invoice.
8. Product Opening Quantity: It describes how many quantities are already in stock.
9. Product Value Per Unit for Opening Quantity: It valuates opening quantity in (currency) amount.
10. Branch Selection for Opening Quantity: It would define which branch/station has opening quantity of product.
Hove on the link of 'Invenotry' and click on 'Product Category' from sub-menu. There you can manage product categories. You can add, edit, delete and view list of categories. Moreover, you can assign a category to many items.
Hover on the link 'Accounts' on main menu. Click on 'Add Account' from sub-menu. Window 'Add Account' would be opened.
Now need to fill fields available therein.
1. Account Head: Select account head which is main category of accounts.
2. Account ID/Code: It is unique one which identify an account regardless of its title and it can be used as barcode detection.
3. Account Title: It is title of account which is known recognized and called by staff members.
4. Account Description: It describes detail about the account to be added.
5. Account Opening Balance: If any account has opening balance, can be mentioned here.
6. Account Branch: Where there is opening balance of the account, branch can be selected.
Gross Profit would be collective of gross profit of every item which is sales amount minus CGS which is assigned to every item as cost of item.
Closing Stock is value of opening stock (quantity multiply with value per unit) plus purchases (quantity multiply with cost/purchase price) minus sales (quantity mulitply with CGS).
Closing stock can be adjusted with the value at the day.
How to adjust the values of closing stock? Same quantitie of stock with value would be subtracted and same quanitity of stock would be added with new value per unit.
How to adjust the quanitiy of any stock item? Stock adjustement account can be entered in journal entried and seprate form of stock adjustment can be used.